How To Recover Deleted Photos From Memory Cards? This is a very common question these days because people end up deleting files from their memory cards very often. Just imagine that you are trying to understand features of your new camera and suddenly you discover that you chose the wrong option and the photos from memory card have been erased due to that reason. Now what to do in such situation when deleted photos were very important for you?
Such things will always happen and even the seasoned guys make mistakes. However, It is not the end of world If you’ve deleted photos from memory card. There is a BIG chance that you’ll recover all those photos from the card again almost effortlessly. This is because those photos are not yet completely wiped out off your card.
I’ve wrote a step by step guide to help people understand how to recover deleted photos from memory cards. Recovering photos from memory card is not a miracle. When you delete photos off your card, the photos are not deleted (and you won’t be see them on the card either) but that spaced is marked as “free space”. Once you take new photos on the camera, those new photos might get written on that “free space” and thus overwriting the old file.
Therefore, you are advised to stop using the memory card any further once you discover that you need to recover deleted photos off it. If you continue using your memory card, the chances of recovering deleted photos will lessen. Therefore, please stop using the card immediately and follow these steps to recover deleted photos from memory card:
1. First of all, please Download This Data Recovery Software and follow the installation wizard to install it in your computer. It shouldn’t take more than a minute to install this software. Please make sure that you don’t install it on the partition from where you need to recover the files. Install the software on other partition instead. Since in this tutorial, we are going to recover data from memory card, you can install the software on any partition as we don’t need to recover deleted files from hard disk.
The name of the software we’ll use is Paretologic Data Recovery Pro – this software is proven for its great success rate and fast speed. Once you run the software, you’ll see this screen :
2. This data recovery software offers three different scan modes. Quick Scan, Advanced Scan and Guided Scan. Since, we need to recover deleted file from memory card, you need to attach that card to your computer.
The only way to read the memory card in your computer is using a Card Reader. Therefore, you’ll need to insert the memory card in a card reader device and then attach that device to your computer. This way, your card will show as a Mounted Volume as shown below. Then you can select the card just as you select a partition of your hard disk.
If the memory card is not showing in the “Mounted Volume” panel, please make sure that you’ve inserted the card correctly in card reader and plugged the card reader correctly into USB port of your computer. Then click on “Refresh” button and the card should show up without any problem.
3. Now you need to scan the card and let the software find deleted files and photos from your card. For that, you just need to click on “Start Scan” button. The software will start scanning the card and you should see activity in the card reader device. If your card reader has any kind of led to show the activity, that led with start blinking.
4. After starting scanning, in a few seconds, you’ll start seeing deleted files in “Found Items” panel. The software will show found items in particular categories. You can click on “Plus” sign in front of any category to show the detailed report. Just hover your mouse on any file and you will be able to see its preview. Here is a screenshot of software doing scanning and showing found items :
5. Now its time to start recovery. Please note that software has not recovered any files as of yet but showed a list of files which are found on the media. Now you need to select the files you want to recover and start the recovery process.
To start recovering files from memory card, select the files you want to recover and click on “Recover” button. Please note that all the recovered files will be saved in the location which you see in “File Recovery Location” (located at bottom of the software). If you want to change the location, please click “Change Location” button accordingly.
That’s all. It is very easy to recover deleted photos from memory card provided you’ve the right software. Just make sure that you stop using the card once you realize that you need to recover data off it and use a reliable data recovery software as soon as possible.