How To Recover Deleted Files From Hard Disk? No matter If you are a computer geek or a newbie, there is always a chance that you’ll deleted a file accidentally from the hard disk. It can be due to hurry, misunderstanding and lots of other causes which you really can’t describe.
When this happens and you’ve backup copy of the file, there is nothing to worry about since you can restore the file from the backup and you are again good to go. But, what If you deleted a important file from hard disk and don’t have its backup copy anywhere? In such type of instances, you will like you’ve lost the file forever, but you need to calm down as it is possible to recover deleted files from hard disk.
Below, you’ll find a step-by-step guide which will shed light on recording deleted files from hard disk. Please make sure that you take action as soon as you realize that you need to recover files. Please note that If you continue using your computer and keep writing newer files on hard disk, you are lessening the chances of recovering the file. Therefore, please pay attention to the followings :
1. You need to stop using the computer from where you want to recover files. This is because, using the computer and doing new things might overwrite the file you deleted.
2. Please make sure that you don’t install any new software on the computer and make modifications to existing products. This is to ensure that deleted file don’t get overwritten. Please keep in mind that once you delete a file and even empty the recycle bin, the file is not permanently deleted. The space which was occupied by the file is now marked free and the file is STILL recoverable provided you don’t write newer files on the same clusters where the previous file reside.
Please follow these steps to recover deleted files from Hard Disk :
1. First of all, please Download This Data Recovery Software and install it in your system. Please make sure to install this on a different partition (other than the partition which had the files you deleted).
The name of the software we’ll use is Paretologic Data Recovery Pro – the most powerful data recovery tool I’ve tested. After downloading, please install the software in your system and now you are ready to recover deleted files from hard disk. Double click on desktop icon of the software and you’ll see this screen :
2. This data recovery software offers three different scan modes. Quick Scan, Advanced Scan and Guided Scan. Since, we are looking to get deleted files back from hard disk, we need to select the particular partition drive which contains the deleted files. In the below example, I’ve selected all the partitions, though you can only select the partition in question. Here is a screenshot showing the partitions I’m talking about :
Please look at the “Mounted Volume” panel and this is where you can select the partition. Please note that these partitions vary from computer to computer so you’ll see different partitions in your computer than shown in above screenshot. If you don’t see any partitions there, just click on “Refresh” button and then you should be able to see all the partitions.
3. Now its time to start the scan and let the software file the files you’ve deleted before. To start scanning, please click on “Start Scan” button. The software will start scanning the computer and will retrieve all the deleted files from the selected partition(s). It may take up-to 3-5 minutes before the scan is complete depending on the size of disk.
4. During scanning, the software will show you the found items in real time. On one hand, you’ll see the scanning recovery progress bar moving and on the other hand, you’ll the files which are recoverable. Apart from this, the software also categorize the deleted files in finds. This will help you in finding your desired files easily and you can just look into the right category. Here is a screenshot of software once it finished the scanning :
5. You’ll see a “Plus” sign in front of the all the found items. You can click on that “Plus” sign to expand the list and see the real file names which has been found on hard disk. If you want to see the file, just hover on the file name and the software will show a preview of file. Now If you want to recover that file, select it and click on “Recover” button. Please see the screenshot below :
That’s all. The files will be recovered to location which is showed at the bottom of the software. Please see the above screenshot and see “File Recovery Location”. In this example, it is set to D:\ but you can click on “Change Location” and select a location which suits you best. I hope you found it easy to recover deleted files from hard disk.. Download the software now and do it yourself easily!